PPTP / L2TP IPSec VPN Config Guide:
Configure VPN Connection Introduction on Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger)
In this article we will learn how to configure a connection to a virtual private network (VPN) using Mac OS. This article will show you how to create a new VPN connection using Mac OSX. By creating an encryption tunnel through the Internet, data can be passed safely.
Configure a VPN with Mac OSX 10.4.x (Tiger)
If you want to configure a VPN connection from a Mac OSX client computer you only need what comes with the Operating System itself, it's all built right in. To set up a connection to a VPN, do the following:
1. In the Finder, click Go - Applications.
2. Open the Internet Connect program from the Applications window
3. On the menu bar select File - New VPN Connection
4. Click PPTP and then Continue
5. Enter IP address of our VPN server that we provide to you for the Server address and your VPN username and password, tick the Show VPN status in menu bar box
6. To connect to the VPN server click the Internet Connect icon in the menu bar and select Connect
7. While you are connected you will see the duration next to the Internet Connect icon in the menu bar
8. To disconnect, click on the Internet Connect icon in the menu bar and select Disconnect
9. You only need to set this connection up once but will need to use this connection every time you want to use the vpn connection.