Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to config SSTP / PPTP / L2TP, OpenVPN, Socks 5 / http proxy and SSH tunnel on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux?
To config SSTP / PPTP / L2TP, OpenVPN, Socks 5 proxy, http proxy and SSH tunnel on Windows OS, Mac OS X or Linux, Please read our "Config Guide
" on our website.
2. How does a VPN account work?
As soon as you connect to our VPN server your computer is assigned a new IP address, an IP address that is owned by us, not your ISP. Then all of your Internet traffic is encrypted and is tunneled to our VPN server. Once there, it is decrypted and allowed to travel to its intended destination. Your local ISP will only see a single encrypted data stream between you and our VPN server. Your ISP can no longer monitor, log or control your Internet usage.
3. Why would I want to do this?
It really depends how you use the Internet. If you wish to make a voip call to save money on your long distance, but your ISP has blocked it. If you want to watch USA or UK TV program online outside USA or UK. If you use our VPN service your ISP will no longer be able to determine what you are using and will not be able to block your usage. If you are at work you may wish to use our service so that your employer can not log, monitor or control how you are using the Internet. Maybe you are looking for a new job and don't want your boss to know about it.
4. How do I get a VPNGates account?
5. Why I can not connect to your vpn server and get error number 691?
Please double check your settings of your vpn connections that match your vpn account username, password and server ip address. If your settings is correct, please log into your member area
on our website and check whether your vpn account expired.
6. Why I can not connect to your vpn server and get error number 721?
It seems your firewall, anti-virus software or router blocked vpn connection. Please open port 1723, 1701 and port 47 on your firewall and router, and set to allow PPTP, L2TP IPSec passthrough on your router, then restart your computer and try again.
7. Why I can not connect to your vpn server and get error number 800?
It seems you can not reach our vpn server, please contact us
to resolve your issue.
8. Why I can not connect to your vpn server and get error number 806?
It seems your ISP blocked vpn connection, please contact us
to resolve your issue.